Positive Psychology and Play Ethics Package!
Presenter: Presenter: Christina Scott, Christina Scott, LPCC-S, NCC
These workshops offer 6 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
Full Day Webinar
October 26, 2022
6 CEs $99.99
10:00 am - 1:00 pm EST
Positive psychology challenges the idea that success stops with bringing clients to their baseline. The idea of a baseline in an unprecedented global pandemic seems shaky at the least. Using the concept of post-traumatic growth, this strengths-based approach emphasizes working past alleviation of suffering, past merely surviving, into a place of thriving. This training offers guiding principles and specific tools for clinicians, identifying the goals and rationale of this approach in a post-pandemic world.
1:45 pm - 4:45 pm EST
The debate regarding the use of therapist self-disclosure in therapy sessions has been a long-standing dilemma for many mental health therapists. With research studies primarily focused on the use of self-disclosure with adult clients, the verdict is still out as to whether self-disclosure is appropriate and when it might be helpful. Limited research is available regarding the use of self-disclosure with child clients, and play therapists are tasked with the ethical decision of whether to engage in self-disclosure, how much and in what context self-disclosure is appropriate and how this might look during a play therapy session with a child.
This training focuses on examining the research that is available, discussing ethical considerations in the use of self-disclosure as well as exploring the types of self-disclosure and the possible reasons for engaging in self-disclosure as a therapeutic tool. The training will focus on the play therapy model of Synergetic Play Therapy, discussing elements of resonance, window of tolerance and co-regulation. During this training, the facilitator will discuss anecdotal case studies pertaining to using self-disclosure - identifying both positive and negative experiences. Interventions and techniques will be discussed as to how to utilize appropriate experiential self-disclosure in the play therapy room.
(Trainer: Christina Scott, LPCC-S, NCC is a licensed counselor and supervisor in Ohio. A proud geek therapist, she utilizes superheroes and pop culture in her work with clients. She is a Registered Play Therapist and is certified in Trauma Focused CBT. Christina owns an online private practice called Rising Action Counseling. She chose this field because she loves connecting with others and is a life-long learner.)
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- This course, Positive Psychology and Play Ethics Package!, Approval #220301- provided by NEFESH: The International Network of Orthodox Mental Health Professionals, is approved for continuing education by the New Jersey Social Work Continuing Education Approval Collaborative, which is administered by NASW-NJ. CE Approval Collaborative Approval Period: February 11, 2022 through August 31, 2024. New Jersey social workers will receive 6 CE credit for participating in this course.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program. These credits are also accepted by the Maryland Boards for Professional Counselors, Psychology, and Certification of Residential Child Care Program Professionals, and many other states and disciplines.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.